Alec Baldwin sues for slandering family of Marines killed in Afghanistan: Bollywood news


American actor and director Alec Baldwin is facing another trial. The family of a Marine killed in Afghanistan is suing the actor for libel, who alleges that 63-year-old Baldwin falsely accused family members of attending the January 6 riots at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. Now the family is demanding a jury trial.

Alec Baldwin sues family of Marines killed in Afghanistan

According to People, 20-year-old Riley McCollum was killed near Afghanistan’s international airport in a bombing on August 26, when the US military handled evacuees who were to be taken out of the country after the Taliban capture. After McCollum’s death, Baldwin found on Instagram one of the Marine sisters, 22-year-old Royce, and sent her a $ 5,000 donation to McCollum’s widow Gianna Creighton and their child.

Earlier this month, Baldwin allegedly accused Royce of involvement in the January 6 riots in the Capitol, calling her an “insurgent” and “Janitor of January 6” in a private Instagram post and posting photos from her demonstration on his Instagram account. Royce said: “I reposted your photo. Good luck. “

Alec Baldwin has since removed the photos, although Royce, her sister Cheyenne and Creighton say they received malicious messages and death threats after Baldwin reposted. According to the lawsuit, neither Cheyenne nor Creighton were in the Capitol on January 6, 2021. On January 1, Royce shared her photo at the Capitol on Instagram, writing in a caption, “Back.”

In the lawsuit, she states that she was present at the protest in the Capitol on January 6, but that she did not participate in the riots that took place after the demonstration, and was found out after an interview with the FBI. The complaint further alleges that Baldwin commented under the photo: “You are the same woman to whom I sent $ for your sister’s husband, who was killed while leaving Afghanistan.” As Baldwin shared a picture of Royce on Instagram, she, Cheyenne and Creighton said in the lawsuit that they received “hostile, aggressive, hateful” messages on social media.

They called the actor’s comments “false, outrageous, slanderous, irresponsible, vindictive” and claimed that the reaction caused the three of them “strong emotional distress”, according to court documents.

This is the latest lawsuit faced by Alec Baldwin after he found himself at the center of the filming Rust which killed the operator Galina Hutchins. On Baldwin, along with other filmmakers, two members of the Rust team have sued in separate lawsuits. Last week, the actor handed over his mobile phone to the authorities as part of an investigation into the accidental shooting.

Read also: Alec Baldwin denies allegations that he is not helping the Rust shooting investigation

BOLIVUDA NEWS – LIVE UPDATES

Stay tuned for the latest Bollywood news, updates on new Bollywood movies, box office receipts, new movie releases, Bollywood Hindi news, entertainment news, live Bollywood news today and upcoming 2021 movies and stay up to date with the latest Hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.